TCFSWG is committed to supporting efforts that result in effective, on-the-ground, reductions of wildfire risk in areas and on properties, most at risk to wildfire. Assistance projects include the removal of hazardous fuels, the creation of defensible space and roadside fuels reduction along evacuation routes.
• Dedicated staff to manage and champion the program;
• A marketing campaign including TV, print, and radio advertisements;
• Political support from elected officials;
• Availability of knowledgeable and qualified contractors;
• Coordination with local fire districts on outreach to homeowners and homeowner associations; and
• Site visits with homeowners to explain the importance of fuel reduction and working with them on preserving their interests with respect to maintaining privacy, view-sheds, shade, and heritage trees.